Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What third-party language tests will you accept as proof I have adequate knowledge of English or French when I apply for citizenship?

A third-party test is a test done by an organization that isn’t Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We accept third-party test results as proof of your language ability from organizations including:

We will accept tests that you previously submitted for immigration purposes to Quebec, including:

We don’t accept any other third-party test results, even if they’re similar.

Visit each organization’s website to learn how to write the exams. Since we don’t run them, we don’t track when and where they’re offered.

In some cases, you may send test results that you already sent to us or the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration (MIFI). We’ll accept the test results that you sent with your application for:

  • Federal Skilled Worker
  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Quebec-selected Skilled Worker

See the complete list of acceptable documents.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback


Forms and Guides

Glossary term

Date modified: