Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

My application was refused. Can I get a refund?

In most cases, no. Your application fees can’t be refunded once we start processing it. There are some exceptions. When an application is refused or withdrawn, we will refund:

  • the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF)
  • the right of citizenship fee
  • the open work permit fee (for Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exempt workers only)
  • the employer compliance fee (refunded to the employer), and
  • International Experience Canada (IEC) fees (See refunds for IEC).

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: