How can I get support from a designated organization?
You need to contact the designated organization to find out how to get its support.
You need to convince the organization that you have a business idea that is worth supporting.
The process to pitch your idea is different for each organization. Each organization has its own requirements. For example, you may be asked to present your business concept in person or submit a detailed business plan.
If you reach an agreement with a designated organization, it will send you a letter of support. You need to include this letter when you submit your application to us. This is the proof you need to show that the venture capital fund, angel investor group, or business incubator is supporting your business idea.
The organization will also send a commitment certificate directly to us. We’ll use both your letter of support and the organization's commitment certificate to assess your application.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- What is the minimum investment that I need to apply through the Start-up Visa Program?
- How can I qualify to get a Start-up Visa?
- How much money will I need to show that I can cover living expenses when I get to Canada?
- Do I have to invest my own money if I want to apply through the Start-up Visa Program?
- If I immigrate through the Start-up Visa Program, what happens if my business fails?
- What happens if I receive investment support from more than one designated organization?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: