Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I’m a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse and dependent children work in Canada?

It depends on the immigration status of your family members. If your family members are temporary residents (visitors), they have to apply for a work permit to be able to work.

Your family members can apply for a work permit from within Canada if they are in 1 of the following situations:

Find out how to apply for a work permit.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: