Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Is legal assistance available to asylum claimants?

If you are eligible to make a claim for refugee status, you may be able to get a lawyer to help you.  Each province and territory has a legal aid contact. Please contact them for more information.

You can also find legal aid offices in the area where you live by looking in the telephone book under Legal Aid. An immigrant-serving organization will also be able to tell you where and how to obtain these services.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

How To Videos

Forms and Guides

Glossary term

Date modified: