Is legal assistance available to asylum claimants?
If you are eligible to make a claim for refugee status, you may be able to get a lawyer to help you. Each province and territory has a legal aid contact. Please contact them for more information.
You can also find legal aid offices in the area where you live by looking in the telephone book under Legal Aid. An immigrant-serving organization will also be able to tell you where and how to obtain these services.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
How To Videos
Forms and Guides
- Date modified: