Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I need to give biometrics. What if there’s no visa application centre (VAC) in the country or territory I’m applying from?

If there’s nowhere to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) where you live, you’ll have to find the location closest to you. There are now 160 VACs in 108 countries around the world where you can give your biometrics.

As of December 3, 2019, you can also give your biometrics at designated Service Canada offices.

If you’re in the United States or a U.S. territory, you can give your biometrics at any of the 133 Application Support Centers (ASCs). Don’t travel to the U.S. if you’re going only to give biometrics. U.S. border officials may not let you enter the country. You can only give biometrics at an ASC if you’re already legally in the U.S.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How-to video

A Step-by-step look at biometrics

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: