Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How do I withdraw my application for family sponsorship?

Send us your request using this Web form.

In the text field, include:

  • Your name,
  • Your date of birth,
  • Your complete address,
  • The date the application was sent,
  • Your client ID number (if available),
  • The type of application (for example, sponsorship of my spouse),
  • The reason for the withdrawal.

In the Web form, upload:

  • A copy of the electronic payment receipt,


  • a copy of both sides of the payment receipt (form IMM 5401).

Note: If your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident before we get your cancellation request, we can’t cancel your application. You will have to respect your sponsorship obligations.

See also: Will I get my fees back if I withdraw my sponsorship application?

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: