How do I sign my online application?
IRCC secure account
You have to type in your name and answer a security question to submit your application. This is your electronic signature. Do not print out your application form to sign it.
To sign your online application
Type your name in the boxes.
Your given name and last name must be exactly the same as on your application form. If you’re under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must sign your form for you.
Answer the security question.
This will be one of the four security questions you created when you registered your account. You must answer exactly as you did when you created them.
Online application to become a Canadian citizen
You can sign your application
- on the “Review and submit” page
- by providing your name and the city where you sign the application
- only after you answer all questions and upload all of the required documents
Permanent residence portal
To electronically sign your application
- below the section where you upload documents, go to the “Declaration” section
- choose “Start,” and answer all questions
- read the declaration and type your name into the field (this is your electronic signature)
- choose “Complete and return to application”
This will act as an electronic signature for the overall application and all digital forms.
Your first and last names must be exactly the same as on your passport.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- How do I withdraw or delete my International Experience Canada profile?
- I have a question about a document I am asked to submit in my MyCIC. Who can I ask?
- Can I get a refund if I cancel my International Experience Canada work permit application?
- What is a POE Letter?
Form and guide
- Date modified: