Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How can I show proof of income to sponsor my parents and grandparents?

You must provide your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for each of the three taxation years immediately preceding the date of your application.

There are two ways you can do this:

Option 1) Give us permission to get your tax information directly from CRA

Option 2) Send us the paper copies of your Notices of Assessment

Sponsors living in Quebec

If we approve your sponsorship application, we’ll instruct you to submit an undertaking application to the Quebec ministry in charge of immigration. This ministry will assess your income.

Don’t submit your undertaking application to Quebec before we’ve told you to do so. If you don’t wait for our confirmation, Quebec won’t process your application.

Read the instruction guide for more information about your proof of income.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: