What is a personal reference code?
Your personal reference code is a unique code you get when you use our Come to Canada online eligibility tool. You’ll need to enter this code to
- begin an online application using your IRCC secure account for a visitor visa or a study or work permit, or
- carry your information from Come to Canada over to an Express Entry profile
You can find your personal reference code at the top of your results page after you answer all the questions in the tool.
You should write it down and print a copy of your results and/or checklist. This code is only valid for 60 days from the date you get it.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: