What is a personal reference code?
A personal reference code is a unique code you get when you use the Come to Canada online eligibility tool.
You can use this code only in the IRCC secure account to:
- start an online application for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit
- carry your information from the Come to Canada tool to an Express Entry or International Experience Canada profile
You can find your personal reference code at the top of your results page after you answer all the questions in the tool.
Write the code down and print a copy of your results and checklist for your records.
Your code will expire 60 days after you get it.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
Form and guide
- Date modified: