Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How much does it cost to participate in International Experience Canada?

There are no fees to submit a profile to an International Experience Canada (IEC) pool. You do have to pay fees when you submit an online work permit application. You need an invitation to apply to start your work permit application.

Your fees will depend on the IEC category you are applying for.

All IEC participants must pay the IEC fee.

To see the current fees for participating in IEC

  1. Go to Pay your fees.
  2. Select the country you’re applying from.
  3. Select Temporary residence under What type of application are you submitting?
  4. Select International Experience Canada (Working Holiday, International Co-op or Young Professionals).

Working Holiday participants

You must also pay the open work permit holder fee. This also applies to participants applying through a recognized organization.

Young Professionals and International Co-op (Internship) participants

You don’t have to pay any other fees. Your Canadian employer must do both of the following:

Your employer must complete these steps before you submit your work permit application.

This also applies to participants applying through a recognized organization.


Depending on your country or territory of citizenship, you may also need to submit your biometrics. If you do, you’ll need to pay the biometrics fee as well.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: