Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I apply to extend my work permit under the caregiver pilots?

You can only apply to extend your work permit under the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker Pilots if:

  • your work permit was issued for less than 36 months because your passport was expiring, and
  • you now have a new passport

In this case, you may be able to apply to extend your work permit up to a total of 36 months from the date it was issued.

For example, if we issued you a work permit that’s valid for 24 months, you may be able to extend it for another 12 months.

To avoid having to do this, make sure your passport or travel document is valid for at least 36 months before you apply.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Date modified: