Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What kinds of jobs can I have with an International Experience Canada work permit?

You can work in many different areas. It depends what you want to do and how hard you want to look for a job. Many participants find work in the tourism and hospitality industries (restaurants, pubs and hotels), where employers are willing to offer temporary work for shorter periods of time.

If you have the right education, experience or certifications, you can also work in fields such as:

  • science
  • law
  • health
  • education
  • commerce
  • communications

Visit Job Bank to find jobs across Canada and to see the qualifications that employers are looking for.

If you apply under the Young Professionals category, the job you’re offered must count toward your “professional development.” To count, the job must be classified under Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities (TEER) category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: