Is it possible to study in Canada while participating in IEC?
Yes. You are allowed to enroll in individual courses under any of the IEC categories. The course(s) must be completed within a 6-month period. They also must not be part of a program lasting longer than 6 months, such as a 2-year program or 4-year degree. If the course or program is longer than 6 months, you will need to apply for a study permit.
Workers who can study without a study permit
You may also be eligible to study without a study permit if you are in either of the following situations:
- You have a valid work permit that was issued on or before June 7, 2023.
- You were issued a letter on or before June 7, 2023, authorizing you to work while we process your work permit application.
- You can use this letter if you’re waiting for a decision on your work permit extension.
Note that you’re not eligible if you applied for a new IEC participation and are waiting for a decision.
Answers others found useful
- What kinds of jobs can I have with an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I travel with a specific person for International Experience Canada?
- Do I have to apply online for my IEC work permit or can I apply by mail or in person?
- Will my spouse or common-law partner get a work permit under International Experience Canada to come with me?
- How long does it take to get an International Experience Canada invitation to apply?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: