Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What type of insurance do I need for International Experience Canada?

For International Experience Canada, you must have health insurance for the entire time you are in Canada. The health insurance must cover

  • medical care;
  • hospitalization; and
  • repatriation.

We recommend you buy this insurance only after you receive your port of entry (POE) letter. We can’t recommend specific insurance companies or plans, but you can search online for something that meets your needs.

You may be refused entry if you don’t have insurance. If your insurance policy is valid for less time than your expected stay in Canada, you may be issued a work permit that expires at the same time as your insurance.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: