Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I stay in Canada as a tourist after my work permit expires?

You may be able to apply to change your status from “worker” to “visitor.” We consider tourists to be visitors.

Read the Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada guide to find out

  • you’re eligible to change your status; and
  • what you need to do to change your status.

You need to apply at least 30 days before your work permit expires. There is no guarantee your application will be approved.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: