Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I want to hire a caregiver with a live-in arrangement. What’s the maximum amount I can charge for room and board?

The maximum amount you can charge depends on the province or territory you’re in. Each province and territory has an employment or labour standards office that deals with labour and employment laws.

If you’re hiring through the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Pilots, and you and the caregiver agree that you provide housing, the details must be included in the Offer of Employment form IMM 5983 (PDF, 2.33MB).

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: