Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I’m working in Canada as a caregiver but I don’t meet the requirements for the caregiver pilots. Can I apply to extend my work permit?

Yes. If you have an employer-specific work permit and you’re working in Canada as a caregiver, you can apply to extend it through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. To keep your status as a worker, you should apply to extend your work permit before it expires.

Your employer needs to get another positive Labour Market Impact Assessment before you can extend your work permit.

If you meet the requirements in the future, you can apply for the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker Pilot.

You can also check to see if you qualify for another immigration program.

Answers others found useful

Date modified: