Is there a limit on the number of caregiver applications you accept under the pilots?
Yes. We only process up to 5,500 applications each year under the caregiver pilots:
- 2,750 applications for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot
- 2,750 applications for the Home Support Worker Pilot
If your application is incomplete or we receive it after the limit has been reached, we return it to you along with your processing fees.
The Home Support Worker Pilot is open to new applications
You can still apply under the new 2022 cap for the Home Support Worker Pilot. In 2022, we’ll accept up to 2,750 applications for this pilot.
The Home Child Care Provider Pilot is closed to new applications
As of Monday, January 17, 2022, we received at least 2,750 applications under this pilot. This means
- the pilot is closed to new applications for 2022
- we’ll return any other applications we receive and refund the fees.
The pilot will reopen to new applications on January 1, 2023. You can also look into other options for caregivers in Canada.
If you already applied
You don’t need to contact us about your application. We’ll send you a notification letter as soon as possible to confirm we received your application. It may take longer than usual for you to get this letter due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: