Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I worked in Quebec as a home child care provider or home support worker. Can that work experience count for the caregiver pilots?

Yes. If you’ve worked in Quebec in 1 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) jobs below, you can use that experience to meet the work experience requirement:

If you’re applying to the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or the Home Support Worker Pilots with less than 24 months of qualifying work experience, you need to have a valid and genuine job offer for a job outside of Quebec.

All 24 months of work experience must be gained within 36 months.

Living in Canada as a permanent residence

Under these pilots, you must plan to live outside the province of Quebec as a permanent resident. You may want to include supporting documents with your permanent resident application to prove that you’re living or will live outside Quebec.

Answers others found useful

Date modified: