Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Permanent resident card - Applying, renewing, replacing

Returning to Canada without a permanent resident (PR) card

You need a valid PR card to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat.

What to do if you don’t have a valid PR card or your card is about to expire

Special measures for Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Iran

If you’re a Canadian citizen or permanent resident currently in Iran, you can apply for the following documents for free:

  • Canadian passport
  • Canadian citizenship certificate
  • permanent resident travel document

Learn more about the special measures.

Date modified: