How do I fill out an IRCC application?
If you are applying on paper:
- Answer every question, even if it does not apply to you. If any answer, or the application, is incomplete, we may return or refuse it.
- If you do not have an answer to a question, and there are no instructions for it on the form or in the instruction guide, write “not applicable” or “N/A” in the space provided. That shows you have read and filled out the form fully.
- If your answer to a question will not fit in the space on a printed form, write your full answer on a separate sheet of paper. Note on the paper the exact form you are using and the letter or number of the question you are answering.
- If you want to give us more information, such as details of your case, provide it on a separate sheet of paper.
See more tips on completing forms.
If you are applying online:
- Answer every question on the application form. If an answer, or the application, is incomplete, we may refuse it.
- If you do not have an answer to a question, and there are no instructions for it on the form or in the Instruction Guide, write “not applicable” or “N/A” in the space provided. If you do not have a unique client identifier (UCI), leave the space empty.
- If you want to give us more information about your case, type your explanation into a new document and save it. Go to the “Optional documents” section of your document checklist in your account, choose “add letter of explanation,” and upload it.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: