What should I do if I want my spouse, family member or friend to check on my application for me?
If you want your spouse, family member, friend or other person to check your application status for you, but not do business with IRCC on your behalf, you must:
- Fill and submit the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475) form with your application.
- If you already submitted your application, send the authorization through this Web form. It will take us 5 to 10 business days to update your file.
Note: If you want to appoint someone to do business with us on your behalf, you must submit a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: