What if I can't get a police certificate for my immigration application?
If you’re unable to get a police certificate from a country, you’re responsible to show why you can’t get one.
To prove that you can’t get a police certificate, you must:
- show proof that you requested a police certificate from the correct authorities and
- write a letter explaining all the efforts you have taken to get one
Even if you send us the above items, this is not a guarantee of acceptance.
Learn more about police certificates.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date modified: