Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How can I avoid delays or refusals in processing my permanent resident card application?

To avoid delays or a refusal, ensure that you:

  • properly fill out and sign the application form(s);
  • fill out Section H (Solemn Declaration) if your card was:
    • lost
    • stolen
    • destroyed, or
    • never received
  • include all the documents listed on the document checklist at the end of the form
  • pay online with a credit card, and
  • include the proof of payment with your application.

See other processing times questions.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: