What is a complete application package?
Your application package is complete once you:
- answer all the questions on the application form
- submit proof you paid the fees that apply to your application and
- submit all needed forms and documents
If you forget to send a document and/or pay the fees that apply
- we may return your application to you
- your processing time may be delayed, or
- we may refuse your application
To find out what you need to include so your application is complete:
- read the instruction guide and the application package that includes the application forms you need to fill out and shows the fees you need to pay, or
- use the Come to Canada tool to
- find out if you’re eligible to apply
- get a personalized document checklist with a list of documents you need to submit, based on your specific situation
- If what you’re applying for involves travel to Canada
- check the COVID-19 travel restrictions and exemptions to find out about any other documents you may need to include
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: