Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

My minor child is applying for a visitor visa and will travel alone to Canada. What documents must they present with the application?

In addition to the required documents for a visitor visa, you must include the following documents:

  • A copy of the child’s birth certificate
  • A letter of authorization, preferably in English or French, signed by their parent(s) or legal guardian.

The letter of authorization should include:

  • the parents’, or legal guardian’s, address(es) and telephone number(s), and
  • the name, address and telephone number of the custodian (the adult who will be responsible for the child while in Canada).

For more information, see Minor children travelling to Canada.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How-to video

A Step-by-step look at biometrics

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: