Can an authorized representative submit an offer of employment on behalf of an employer?
Yes. The employer must
- access their account in the Employer Portal;
- create a secondary user account; and
- assign this secondary account to the authorized representative.
Read the Employer Portal enrolment guide to find out how to create and assign a secondary user account.
Employers no longer need to submit the IMM 5476, Use of Representative form.
- Authorized representatives must have a separate GCKey for each employer they represent.
- Authorized representatives who submit offers of employment on behalf of an employer must use the Employer Portal to submit these offers. They will not be able to submit offers of employment through the Authorized Paid Representative Portal.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Can I hold 2 valid work permits at the same time?
- Date modified: