Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I will transit by air through Canada. Do I need an eTA?

Passengers transiting Canada will need an eTA or a visa, regardless of the length of time in Canada.

Travellers whose planes refuel in Canada going to and from the United States, as well as participants in the China Transit Program and Transit Without Visa Program, do not need to have an eTA or a visa to transit Canada.

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: