Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I apply for an eTA for my child?

Yes. To apply for your child, you need to submit a separate application form. You will need to enter a few things differently on your child’s form:

  • When you start the application form:
    • Answer “yes” to “Are you applying on behalf of someone?”
    • Answer “yes” to “Are you applying on behalf of a minor child?”
  • You will then see a screen called Parent/guardian or representative details that asks for some information about yourself.
  • Once you complete that section, you will be brought to the application form itself, where you can enter your child’s information.
    • On this screen (the application form), make sure to:
      • enter all details correctly (particularly your child’s passport number); and
      • enter your email address or - if you prefer - your child’s email address in the Contact Details section so that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) can communicate with you about the application.
      • enter your child’s name in the Signature field of the Consent section.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: