Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What happens if I owe IRCC money? Will you call to ask for unpaid fees?

Yes, if you owe IRCC money, a collection agent from IRCC might contact you by email, mail or phone. IRCC agents will always identify themselves.

You won’t be deported because you owe money. Collection agents will work with you to make a payment agreement.

If you have an immigration loan under the Immigration Loan Program (ILP), please call us toll-free at 1-800-667-7301 (available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., ET) or email us.

If you owe money to IRCC as a result of

  • an overpayment on Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP)
  • an unpaid administrative monetary penalty (AMP) for businesses
  • a grants and contributions (G&Cs) overpayment
  • an employee debt
  • a chargeback on visa and permit applications
  • a chargeback on passport fees or
  • any other debt due (i.e., court costs)

Please call us toll free at 1-888-448-4426 (available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., ET) or email us.

Help protect yourself and others by reporting immigration fraud. Find out how to report suspicious calls, text messages or emails about your visa application or immigration status.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Form and guide

How to video

Date modified: