Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I see other websites advertising that I can apply for an eTA with them. Is there more than one website to apply for an eTA?

No. The Government of Canada website is the official place to apply for an eTA. Even authorized third parties that apply on behalf of someone else have to use this website to apply for an eTA. To find out if you need an eTA, answer the questions at the start of this website’s application form.

Travellers who apply for an eTA are advised to be cautious in all dealings with companies that claim to offer help in getting an eTA. Although many of these companies have created websites that charge a fee to provide information and submit eTA applications through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), these companies are NOT operating on behalf of the Government of Canada.

Read more on how to protect yourself.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: