Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

My sponsor isn’t providing me with the support you said I should receive. What should I do?

Your sponsor is responsible for supporting you during your first year in Canada or until you can support yourself, whichever comes first.

Support includes financial and settlement assistance. This includes things like furniture, household goods and clothing.

Find out more about what sponsors are responsible for:

If you’re not getting this kind of support from your sponsor, you should tell us right away so that we can look into your situation. Contact us

Quebec has its own process to sponsor refugees. This means that the rules private sponsors in Quebec must follow are different from the rest of Canada. If your sponsor is from Quebec and you have questions, contact Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion. This is the part of the Quebec provincial government that deals with immigration.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: