Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What do I need to do if my company name changes?

You need to confirm the name change in writing to your affected temporary workers. This way, they can show proof that links the new company name to the one listed on their work permit. The letter should be signed and include the following:

  • temporary worker’s information
    • name and address
    • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada client ID number
    • occupation and work location
    • date work permit was issued and date it will expire
  • company’s information before the name change
    • name and address
    • phone number
    • Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number
  • company’s new information
    • name and address
    • phone number
    • CRA business number
    • date new employer name takes effect
    • work location
    • name and contact details for employer representative
  • reason for the name change
    • acquisition
    • merger
    • consolidation
    • other

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool


Glossary term

Date modified: