I have a Global Talent Stream (GTS) LMIA, do I have to do anything else to get two-week processing?
Processing delays for GSS applications
Processing times for GSS applications continue to be affected by
- the number of applications we’ve already received
- an increase in applications as health and travel restrictions lift in Canada and around the world
It will probably take more than 2 weeks to process your GSS application. We’re continuing to recover so we can return to 2-week processing.
Yes. To get two-week processing, you must check your eligibility and:
- answer “Yes” when asked if you have a written offer from an employer in Canada
- select “a work permit with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)” when asked what type of work permit you are applying for
- answer “Yes” when asked if your employers LMIA was issued under the “Global Talent Stream” (applicants applying under the International Mobility Program don’t have to answer yes to this question)
- Apply online from outside Canada
Local visa office requirements
Many of our visa offices abroad have specific instructions that the worker needs to follow. Check the local visa office requirements to make sure the worker includes all required documents with their application.
If there are local instructions to follow you can find them in the application package.
- Go to the work permit application.
- Select apply online.
- Select the country or territory the worker is applying from.
- Download the country-specific “visa office requirements” from the list of documents, if there are any.
To be eligible for two-week processing the worker must include certified translations of documents that aren’t in English or French, even if the visa office requirements say we accept other languages.
Examples of requirements that may change depending on where you are applying from:
It is your responsibility to make sure your application is complete. If you forget something, your application may be delayed or refused.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Can I hold 2 valid work permits at the same time?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: