Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculation if I submit the travel journal?

You must always submit your calculation if the application is for

  • an adult (18 or older)
  • a minor (under 18) who has
    • at least 1 Canadian parent, or
    • a parent who’s also applying for Canadian citizenship at the same time

We’ll return your application if you submit it without your calculation.

You don’t need to submit the travel journal with your application. It’s for your personal use only (to help you complete the physical presence calculation).

Find out how to calculate your physical presence

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

  • Discover Canada Study Guide

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: