Help us improve our services
We’re looking for people to spend 30 to 60 minutes in the coming months to try out a form, a web tool or other IRCC products.
You’ll tell us what’s easy or hard to understand, and then we’ll use your feedback to improve our products.
If you’re interested, answer a few questions to see how you can help.
Determining your eligibility
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- What is dual citizenship?
- Do I become a Canadian citizen when I marry a Canadian?
- I’m Canadian, but my child was born outside Canada. Are they Canadian?
- Can I count any time I’ve spent outside of Canada toward the physical presence requirement when applying for citizenship?
- Do I have to use the travel journal?
- If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculator if I submit the travel journal?
- If I’m transferring through different countries at the airport, or by car or train, do I need to record it in my travel journal?
- How do I get more copies of the travel journal?
Language requirements when applying for citizenship
- What does “adequate knowledge” of English or French mean when applying for citizenship?
- How do you measure how well I can speak English or French when applying for citizenship?
- What language level do I need when I apply for citizenship?
- What documents can I use to prove that I meet the citizenship language requirement?
- What third-party language tests will you accept as proof I have adequate knowledge of English or French when I apply for citizenship?
- I graduated from an English-or French-language high school/college/university. What can I use to show that I can communicate in one of the official languages when I apply for citizenship?
- Can I use the government-funded language program I took to prove that I meet the citizenship language requirement?
- Can I provide my LINC/CLIC placement test as a proof that I meet the citizenship language requirement?
- I’ve lost my certificate or transcript showing I meet the citizenship language requirement. What can I do?
- Can I submit the results from a third-party language test that I took when I first applied to immigrate to Canada as proof I meet the citizenship language requirement?
- Do you accept certificates from private language schools as proof I meet the citizenship language requirement?
Applying for citizenship
- What is a non-routine application?
- Can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- My citizenship application is being processed. How will the 2017 legislation changes affect my application?
- I hired a representative before June 11, 2015 and my citizenship application is still in process. Can they continue to act as my representative?
- Who can represent me on my citizenship application?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What photos do I need to include with my citizenship application?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What if I cannot attend my citizenship appointment with IRCC? Can I reschedule it?
- Where can I find out the status of my citizenship application and the processing time?
- What does my citizenship application status mean?
- How do I withdraw my application for citizenship services?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- My application has been returned because it’s incomplete. Do I have to recalculate my physical presence (time lived in Canada)?
- Do I need to ask the Canada Border Services Agency for a history of entries when applying for citizenship?
- What happens if I check “Yes” on Question 14B (“Consent to the CBSA and IRCC”) on the application for citizenship?
- Can I submit an old version of the application form for Canadian citizenship?
Taking the citizenship test
Test requirements and questions
Online citizenship test
- Invitation and scheduling
- When can I take my online citizenship test or retest?
- My application status says I’ve been scheduled for an online test. Why haven’t I received an invitation?
- Where can I find my online test invitation?
- In my invitation, the time between the online test “start date” and “end date” is not 21 days. What should I do?
- I need to take the online test again. How long will it take you to reschedule my test?
- I missed my online citizenship test. Can I reschedule it?
- Test location
- Signing in
- I signed in to the online test, but the page shows a “You can’t take the test right now” message. What should I do?
- I submitted a group or family application. How will we access the online test?
- What do I do if I get a “403 Error” message when I sign in to the online test?
- When I sign in to the online test, why do I see a blank screen or a message that my browser isn’t supported?
- Why do I have to sign in again when I get the online citizenship test link?
- Do I have to start the online test immediately after I take a photo of myself?
- Can I ask someone to help me sign in to the online test?
- Terms and conditions
- The test link
- Who gets the online test link when I click the “Email me the test link” button?
- I clicked the “Email me the test link” button but don’t get the online test link. What should I do?
- What do I do if my online test link expires?
- Will I get the online test link if I have a representative?
- I got disconnected during the online test. Can I use the same test link to return to the test?
- I accidentally clicked the “Resend the test link” button. Do I have to use the new online test link?
- Your webcam and photos
- My webcam isn’t working and can’t connect to the online test system. What should I do?
- My webcam is working, but it can’t connect to the online test system. What should I do?
- During the online test, my webcam shows a black or static image. What should I do?
- What kinds of photos do you need from me for the online test?
- What should I do if I can’t retake the photos for my online test?
- Can I retake my online test photo (of my ID or myself) after I approve it?
- What should I do if the online test photo of my personal identification (ID) or face is unclear?
- I took a picture of my face instead of my personal identification (ID) for the online test. What should I do?
- Do I have to download the online test photos that I take of my ID and myself?
- Test result and next steps
- When do I get my official online test result?
- I got disconnected and can’t see my online test result. What should I do?
- Do I get a confirmation email after I complete the online test?
- I forgot to print or email the online test result to myself. How do I get my test result?
- Do I have to report my online test result to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)?
- What are my next steps after taking the online test?
- I’ve completed the online test, but my application status is outdated. What should I do?
- Why did I get another test invitation after I passed the online test?
- Test via Microsoft Teams
In person citizenship test (currently cancelled)
- After I apply for citizenship, how long will it be before I write the citizenship test?
- Can I reschedule my citizenship test if I cannot attend it?
- Can I bring my child to the citizenship test?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- When do I know if I passed the citizenship test?
- What happens if I fail the written citizenship test?
Attending the citizenship ceremony
Getting or replacing a citizenship certificate
- How can I apply for a citizenship certificate or search of citizenship records?
- When and how do I apply urgently for a citizenship certificate?
- Can I update my application for a citizenship certificate?
- I live abroad and applied online. How will I get my citizenship certificate?
- How do I get a citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship) for someone under 18 years old?
- How do I fill out my application for a citizenship certificate if I don’t know everything about my parents or grandparents?
- For my citizenship certificate application, can I provide documents that aren’t in English or French?
- What documents should I send with my application for a citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship)?
- My citizenship certificate was mailed to me, but I never received it. What do I do?
- I legally changed my name. How do I change the name on my citizenship certificate or card?
- How do I update my citizenship certificate or card with my reclaimed Indigenous name?
- I want to replace my citizenship certificate. Do I have to return my current certificate?
- I’ve lost my citizenship card/certificate. How do I replace it?
- Can I replace my citizenship certificate or card if there’s a mistake on it?
- How can I apply for a citizenship certificate or search of citizenship records?
- When and how do I apply urgently for a search of citizenship records?
Fee change for minors who applied for citizenship under subsection 5(1)
- I sent a citizenship application for a minor under subsection 5(1) and paid $530. Will I get a refund?
- How will you refund the fee for my citizenship application for a minor under subsection 5(1)?
- I paid the $530 fee for a citizenship application for a minor under subsection 5(1), but didn’t send in my application. What do I do?
- Date modified: