I’m an international student. Can I continue to work after I’ve finished my study program?
Generally, no. You must stop working once you’ve received your final grades.
You can continue to work after you finished your studies only if:
- you’ve already applied for a work permit, or
- you’re starting a new study program
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I’ve applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or study program. How can I change my study permit?
- What do I do if the school I’m studying at loses its designated learning institution status?
Form and guide
- Date modified: