Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?


Your study permit is not a travel document.

Your study permit lets you study in Canada. You still need a visitor visa (temporary resident visa) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.

Learn more about study permits, visitor visas and eTAs.

Studying - General
Study permit
Work permits for students

See also: Leaving/Returning to Canada

Co-op and internship programs
Off-Campus work permit
Post-Graduation work permit
Tourist visa for students

See also: Leaving/Returning to Canada

Extending or replacing your study permit
Permanent residence for students
Date modified: