What does my status mean in the application status tracker?
In your application status tracker account, you’ll find
- your overall application status
- application details
- your application history
- contact details
- the status of your documents
- your next steps (if this applies)
Application status updates will only show up after you get an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter or email. You’ll get an AOR after we get your application and check that it’s complete.
Until then, you may be able to find
- the date we got your application
- your contact information
At the top of the page, you’ll see 1 of these statuses:
- Received means we got your application and we’re checking if it’s complete.
- In progress means we’re still reviewing your application.
- You can also see the progress for each section of your application.
- Closed means
- we approved your application
- we refused your application or
- you withdrew (cancelled) or abandoned your application
- We’ll contact you before we close your application.
Each section can have 1 of these statuses:
- Not started means we haven’t started reviewing this section.
- Waiting on you means we need more information or documents from you.
- In progress means we’re still reviewing the section.
- Completed means we finished reviewing that section of your application.
- Exempted means you don’t need to complete this section for your application.
You’ll find details about your documents, such as your
- medical exam
- confirmation of permanent residence
- visitor visa (temporary resident visa)
- study permit
- work permit
The documents listed will depend on what type of application you submitted.
Your next steps
In this section, we’ll let you know if we need more information or documents from you. For example, we may ask you to
- send us police certificates or passports
- pay fees
- give biometrics
Be sure to check the “Your next steps” section regularly.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: