Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What do I do if the school I’m studying at loses its designated learning institution status?

If the learning institution you’re studying at is de-designated while you’re studying there, you can keep studying until your current study permit expires. However, you won’t be able to extend your permit unless you’re enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI).

If you’ve deferred your enrolment

If you’ve deferred your enrolment and the learning institution that issued your letter of acceptance is de-designated before you start studying, you cannot start studying at that school.

If you’re in Canada with a valid study permit

You’ll need to

  • apply to and be accepted at a new DLI
  • update the information about your learning institution in MyAccount

If your study permit has been approved but not issued yet

We’ll send you a request to provide a new letter of acceptance from a new DLI. If your study permit is approved, you’ll need to update the information about your learning institution in MyAccount.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Date modified: