Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I’m a temporary resident, can I apply to adopt a child from another country?

No. In order to be eligible to adopt a child from another country you must either be a Canadian citizens or a permanent residents. Temporary residents are not eligible to apply for sponsorship to adopt a child.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: