Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I have an eTA or a visa. What can I expect when I arrive in Canada?

When you arrive at the point of entry in Canada, a border services officer will make sure you meet the requirements to enter Canada.

The officer will authorize your stay by stamping your passport and/or issuing another document.

If there is no stamp, handwritten date or document in your passport, your temporary resident status will expire six months from the day you arrived in Canada.

If you received a visitor record, student or work permit, the expiry date is marked on it.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: