If I get sick or have an accident while visiting Canada, will the Government of Canada pay for my medical treatment?
Canada does not pay for hospital or medical services for visitors. You should get health insurance to cover any medical costs before you come to Canada.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
- What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?
- Do I need to apply for both a visitor visa and an eTA?
A Step-by-step look at biometrics
Form and guide
- Date modified: