Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I am a business visitor and I do not need a visa. What documents should I bring, if any?

You may not need a visa, but you may need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Find out if you need an eTA.

When you arrive in Canada, you must show to the border services officer several documents. These documents include, but are not limited to:

  • the passport you used to apply for your eTA
  • a passport or travel document that is valid for your entire stay and guarantees re-entry to your country of origin
  • a letter of support from your parent company and a letter of invitation from the Canadian host company
  • other documents such as warranty or service agreements, contracts, etc. if relevant to the visit
  • 24-hour contact details of your business host in Canada
  • proof that you have enough money for both your stay in Canada and your return home

Please see Business visitors: Checklists for details.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How-to video

A Step-by-step look at biometrics

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: