How can I extend my stay as a visitor?
If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you should apply at least 30 days before your status expires.
For the steps to apply, see How to apply to extend your stay as a visitor.
Study and work permit holders
If your visitor visa expired and you need to leave and return to Canada, you need to apply for a new visitor visa (not a visitor record).
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
- What information is available under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act?
- Who can make a request under the Privacy Act?
- How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?
- What is the fee for an Access request?
Form and guide
- Date modified: