Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Do you accept certificates from private language schools as proof I meet the citizenship language requirement?

No. If you have taken private language classes, those classes are not enough to prove that you speak French or English well enough to apply for Canadian citizenship. You must take an IRCC-approved third-party language test. If you achieve CLB/NCLC 4 or above on this test, submit the results with your citizenship application.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


Forms and Guides

Glossary term

Date modified: