Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How do I ask for a refund if I paid my fees online or at a bank in Canada?

You can request a refund online if you have your receipt number. After you submit a request, we will contact you if we need more information and to update you on the status of your request.

If you used a credit card or a prepaid card to pay, we will issue a refund to the same card. Keep it until the refund is complete to prevent delays. If we can’t refund your payment to your credit card, we will issue a cheque.

If you paid at a bank in Canada or with a debit card, we will issue a cheque.

Refunds can take up to eight weeks to process.

Find out how to get your receipt number if you don’t have it.

International Experience Canada (IEC) applicants, see refunds for IEC

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: