What is the difference between the Change of Address and the Address Notification online services?
Use the Address Notification service if you’re an immigrant who has just arrived in Canada as a permanent resident. This will make sure you automatically get your permanent resident card.
If we don’t get your address within 180 days of the date you entered Canada, you’ll have to re-apply for a permanent resident card and pay the fee.
Change of Address
Everyone else should use the Change of Address service to tell us their new home or mailing address. For more information, see “Who can use the Change of Address online service?”
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
- Date modified: